Leiter’s Pharmacy has been serving the needs of its customers since its founding by Harry
Leiter in 1926. His sons, Morton and Lionel, continued the tradition. Today, Morton and his
son, Charles Leiter (third generation) provide excellent pharmaceutical care and specialty
compounding on a nationwide basis. Leiter’s Pharmacy was established in 1926 in Pismo Beach. It moved to the San Jose area in 1952, and into the current location in October 2003. The new location has a complete retail pharmacy and sterile compounding lab. The pharmacy stocks all the latest OTC Medications, including hard to find pharmaceuticals.
The compounding lab was designed and built to adhere to the latest USP and JCAHO rules
and regulations. As a result, Leiter’s is able to compound for hospitals and ASC’s, and keep
them compliant under JCAHO. Leiter’s has also worked with several pharmaceutical manufacturers on drug studies, FDA approvals and Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials.